So my Birthday has come again, May 18th every year I take a moment to reflect on life and what I have been able to achieve. This year I have realized a few things but ONE THING IN PARTICULAR is the fact that I am getting old! LOL. Now getting old is not such a bad thing, more independence, more money, blahhh blahh you get the picture! So in my reflections this year I’ve compiled a short list of the signs you may be getting older besides the fact that you know kids who have no idea what Y2K is!
1. You can say NO a whole lot easier – When you were young and full of energy is was easy to take on projects and work on multiple things at a time and basically say YES to every request that came by your ear. Now in your transition to oldness you find it a whole easier to tell people NO. Why you may ask ? Because now your time is a hell of a lot more valuable, you wanna spend time with the right people and working on things that are actually worthwhile … so if you find yourself saying NO to people a lot more frequently, you’re probably getting old!
2. Spicy Foods Hurt LOL – Remember those days of coming home at 2am and stopping to Imperials for the obligatory breast snack with extra hot sauce and ketchup? … yeah those days are done! A sure fire sign you are getting old is that at 2am that breast snack will ‘sit on your chest’
(as the old people would say) all night! When you were young you could eat at anytime of the night and just blissfully fall asleep. Now that has change and spicy and heavily greasy food and you just do not agree!
3. Rap Music is now sounding like a Foreign Language – In our younger days we could have spit out the lyrics to any song that was banging on the radio, nowadays it takes a translator and few days to understand the first line of the newest hip hop joint. Funny thing is besides not understanding it … you have no eagerness to want to understand, although you still pretend you do just so you can still appear to be cool!
4. Coffee After Meals – Yep when I saw my parents do this as a young child the only thought that came to my head was “Wow, this is what old people do”. Now look at me … with out coffee to settle my stomach and give me the little caffeine boost to get up; I more than likely would not go out to eat. Having coffee and or tea (but who drinks tea) after meals is def a clear and sure sign you are getting up in age!
5. The Turn Up has Turned down – It may be boredom, It may be the thrill is gone from doing things over and over but definitely the Thursday to Sunday Party schedule has calmed all the way down. The right out of high school, finally had a curfew later than 10pm thrill is gone and you no longer have the energy to party from Thursday to Sunday. What once was your normal party schedule has be deflated to Netflix watching marathons. I mean who has the energy anymore to stand up in the club from 11pm to 3am dancing and or scoping out the scene … No one your age right? Thing is it gets kinda awkward when a kid so young you can remember their mother being pregnant with them approaches you in the club! Which leads me to point 6.
6. Kids you can remember their mother being pregnant with them are now graduating – Yep this one does not need that much talk, but you get the picture!
The points above may all seem a bit depressing, but remember AGE AIN’T NOTHING BUT A NUMBER, YOU ARE ONLY AS OLD AS YA FEEL — shout to Ronnie! … so if you got the energy and the motivation to keep it going, my final words to you are TURN DOWN for WHAT?